General principles of testing mechanism
The testing engine is built so that new tests generation, its' analyzing and results forming are processed on server side. A mobile application acts in this case as a "thin client", only displaying testing process, collecting answers, sending them to the server for processing and displaying the final results.
The testing process is organized as follows:
- An application sends the request to the server
- As a response from the server the application receives a "test sheet" – the list of questions with possible answers (there are three main types of questions – with single correct answer / radio buttons, with multiple correct answers / checkboxes, with free answer / textbox)
- The test is taken inside the application. While getting answers to the questions, the application sends special logging requests to the server
- When the application gets the final answer or a user manually finishes the test the application forms the final request sending user answers to the server and finalyzing the test
- And finally within the application a user is navigated to the page where the results are viewed